Book Project—Personal Journey
We Walk Together: My Journey Through Breast Cancer Paperback – June 17, 2017
We Walk Together is an example of a book that came to completion with the help of an Individual Writing Coach. Diane came to me with an idea to format a blog she had kept to journal her experience through breast cancer into a book. We worked together for approximately 30 months to complete this passion project while she also worked full-time as a teacher. As a Writing Coach, I worked with her to complete the task at her own pace. These are some of the specific things I helped with:
- Organizing her notes and current writing into a basic manuscript format
- Recommending software and customizing settings that worked best with her personal writing needs
- Transforming personal reflections into content geared toward a specific audience
- Strategically formatting content into Chapters, Sections, and Sub-Sections
- Formatting the final manuscript
- Identifying Editors and Publishing contacts
- Identifying and Communicating with Booksellers and other retail space
- Writing a Pitch Letter for Public Speaking Opportunities
- and much more.
You can learn more about this book and read reviews: We Walk Together.
How to get started
To get started, schedule a 15-minute consultation by clicking below.